To strengthen its CSR initiatives in a spirit of “responsible and sustainable development”, Tessi signed the United Nations Global Compact in January 2011.
Through the Global Compact, Tessi agrees to publish its advances in sustainable development annually and to adhere to 10 fundamental principles, based on human rights, labour and environmental standards and anti-corruption.
- Principle 1: Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights in their sphere of influence; and
- Principe 2: make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses.
- Principe 3: Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining;
- Principe 4: the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour;
- Principe 5: the effective abolition of child labour; and
- Principe 6: the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
- Principe 7: Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges;
- Principe 8: undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility; and
- Principe 9: encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
- Principe 10: Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.